Departments/disciplines/programs/subject areas supported
- Center for Customer Insights
- International Center for Finance
- Program on Entrepreneurship
- Program on Social Enterprise
- Center for Business and the Environment
- Program on Financial Stability
- The Broad Center
- Basic materials, such as those aimed at the general investor
- Reference works, such as business encyclopedias or dictionaries
- Instructor’s materials
- Juvenile works
- Software manuals unrelated to specialized scientific software or applications
Chronological and geographical focus
Collaborations within Yale
- Within Marx Science and Social Science Library, there is significant collaboration with the Data Librarian for selecting, acquiring, manipulating, and storing business research data. Additionally, there is collaboration with the selector for economics to build the collection in the area of finance, and some partnership with the selector for psychology for materials related to organizational behavior.
- SOM offers joint degree programs with the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and other professional schools. Librarians collaborate to acquire materials related to these joint degree areas, particularly with resources related to law, public health, health care, and the environment and sustainability.
- The Economic Growth Center collection at Marx Library includes statistical data, including national censuses, from developing and developed countries around the world.
- Yale Library supports entrepreneurial research for the University community, and acquires databases and collects publications that assist Yale entrepreneurs in their efforts. In the management collection, this includes market and industry research databases, business plans, and contemporary literature on entrepreneurship and business start-ups.
- Yale Library collects publications through the depository programs of the U.S. federal government, Canadian federal government, United Nations, European Union, and Food & Agriculture Organization (see the Collection Development Statement for Government Documents and Information).
Program Director for Marketing and Communications
Marx Science and Social Science Library