ILL for Libraries
Resource Sharing Services to Other Libraries
Yale Library welcomes ILL requests from libraries around the world. There are multiple ways to connect with ILL services:
- OCLC Worldshare - Find Yale libraries on the OCLC resource sharing network. More information about OCLC Yale Library lending policies can be found in the OCLC Policies Directory. The OCLC Symbols for Yale Library collections are:
- YUS: general collections borrowing from Sterling Memorial Library, Bass Library, Gilmore Music Library, Marx Science and Social Science Library, Divinity Library, Haas Family Arts Library, Library Shelving Facility, and others
- YUM: Cushing Whitney Medical Library
- GXR: Lillian Goldman Law Library
- Libraries not on OCLC can request a direct borrowing account. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a direct borrowing account.
- To request reproductions from Yale Library Special Collections, you must reach out to the digitization services department.
Send books and returns to the following address:
YUS - Sterling Memorial Library
130 Wall Street (UPS/FedEx etc.); PO Box 208240 (USPS)
New Haven, CT 06520-8240 US
Connecticut Libraries can send materials via the DeliverIT service: route J-125.
Fees and Payment Methods
|Domestic Libraries (U.S. and Canada)||$20.00||$20.00|
|American Theological Library Association (ATLA) Libraries||$0||$0|
|Ivy Plus Libraries||$0||$0|
|Lost or Damaged Book Fee (All Organizations)||$130.00|
Payment Method: OCLC Interlibrary Fee Management service (IFM)
We do not issue invoices for ILL transactional charges. Please contact us for billing options.
Contact us if you have questions about our ILL services to library organizations.
- Cushing/Whitney Medical Library: Interlibrary Loan / email@example.com
- Divinity Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lillian Goldman Law Library: Interlibrary Loan / email@example.com
- Marx Science and Social Science Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sterling Memorial Library and Bass Library
Resource Sharing Partnerships
Yale Library participates in the following consortial resource sharing partnerships:
- American Theological Library Association (ATLA)
- Ivy Plus Libraries BorrowDirect Resource Sharing Service
- National Library of Medicine Docline (Yale Medical Library)
- OCLC Research Library Parnership SHARES
- RapidILL – Association of Research Libraries (ARL) Pod, COSMO Pod, and Medical Pod