Check out a Book
Locate books and other library materials using Quicksearch. Once you find something you want, you have options.
- You can retrieve materials held in library stacks on your own.
- You can request that library staff retrieve materials for you to be picked up.
- You can request scans of chapters and articles from materials in library stacks.
You can check out the book at a service desk or use a self-checkout kiosk. Yale Library also has a self-checkout app for your smart phone.
Have us Find the Book
Course Reserves for Students
Course reserves are articles and books that are placed at the library, usually by your professor, to make assigned textbooks and readings for your classes available. These may take the form of physical books or electronic files in Canvas, called e-reserves.
- Physical reserves are generally shelved separately from the rest of the books in the library. Some reserve materials at Bass are shelved with the general collection. Ask at the circulation desk in the individual library for their location.
- Physical reserves have varying loan lengths which are noted in Orbis. Check at the circulation desk at your library for details.
- Physical reserves cannot be renewed.