Libby Van Cleve
In addition to my work at OHAM, I am also a professional oboist. I teach at Wesleyan and Connecticut College and perform throughout the region.
DMA, Yale School of Music
MFA, California Institute of the Arts
BA, Magna cum Laude, Bowdoin College. Majored in Music and Religion
Grew up in Virginia, outside Washington D.C.
Motherhood -- Daughter Nola was born 01/01/01
Hiking and outdoor activities: when time!
- "Speaking of Music and the Counterpoint of Copyright: Addressing Legal Concerns in Making Oral History Available to the Public." (with Jeremy Beck) Duke Law & Techology Review 2011:005 (2011).
- "Charles Ives, Connecticut’s Compelling, Confounding Composer." Hog River Journal 6:4 (2008).
- "Drastic Measures: New Oboe Music by Elliott Schwartz." The Double Reed 30:4 (2007).
- "Drastic Measures: New Oboe Music by Mary Jane Leach." The Double Reed 30:1 (2007).
- "Object Lesson: The Manuscript Found in a Closet." (with Vivian Perlis) Yale Alumni Magazine : (2007).
- "Oral History of American Music Posts First Podcast." nota bene XXII:2 (2007).
- Composers’ Voices from Ives to Ellington. (with Vivian Perlis) New Haven: Yale University Press, 2005.
- Oboe Unbound: Contemporary Techniques. Lanham, Maryland: The Scarecrow Press, Inc., 2004.