Office LocationSterling Hall of Medicine, SHM L E09
- Provide instruction on PubMed and EndNote
- Provide answers to your clinical questions
- Child Study Center | Resource Guide
- Dentistry | Resource Guide
- Laboratory Medicine | Resource Guide
- Neurology | Resource Guide
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery | Resource Guide
- Pediatrics | Resource Guide
- Psychiatry | Resource Guide
- Therapeutic Radiology | Resource Guide
I am a Clinical Librarian dedicated to providing quality services. I teach classes to clinicians, researchers, students, and faculty as well as provide reference services both in-person and online.
My research guides can be found here
- MLS, Library Science, Southern Connecticut State Univ., 2009
- MS, Horticulture, West Virginia University, 2004
- BS, Agriculture, University of Delaware, 2000
- Medical Library Association, 2014-Present
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries, 2014-Present
- Connecticut Library Association, 2011-Present
- Connecticut Association of Health Sciences Librarians, 2014-Present
Publications and Presentations:
- Funaro, M. C., Rojiani, R., & Norton, M. J. (2019). Improving community well-being through collaborative initiatives at a medical library. Journal of the Medical Library Association: JMLA, 107(3), 425.
- Husain, Z. A., Sahgal, A., De Salles, A., Funaro, M., Glover, J., Hayashi, M., . . . Martínez-Alvarez, R. (2017). Stereotactic body radiotherapy for de novo spinal metastases: systematic review: International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society practice guidelines. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, 27(3), 295-302.
- Nardini, H. G., Batten, J., Funaro, M., Garcia-Milian, R., Nyhan, K., Spak, J. M., . . . Glover, J. (2019). Librarians as methodological peer reviewers for systematic reviews: results of a survey.
- Norton, M. J., Funaro, M. C., & Rojiani, R. (2018). Improving Healthcare Professionals’ Well-Being Through the Use of Therapy Dogs. Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 18(3), 203-209.
- Nyhan, K., Funaro, M., & Hersey, D. (2017). Library support for clinical and translational research: research data management and data science.
- Oldfield, B. J., Muñoz, N., Mcgovern, M. P., Funaro, M., Villanueva, M., Tetrault, J. M., & Edelman, E. J. (2018). Integration of care for HIV and opioid use disorder: a systematic review of interventions in clinical and community-based settings. AIDS (London, England).
- Vermette, D., Hu, P., Canarie, M., Funaro, M., Glover, J., Balda, M., & Pierce, R. (2018). Tight Junction Structure, Function and Assessment in the Critically Ill. Shock, 49(6), 82-82.
- Vermette, D., Hu, P., Canarie, M. F., Funaro, M., Glover, J., & Pierce, R. W. (2018). Tight junction structure, function, and assessment in the critically ill: a systematic review. Intensive Care Medicine Experimental, 6(1), 37. Funaro, M., Nardini, H. G., Garcia-Milian, R., Hersey, D., Gentry, M., & Nyhan, K. (2016). Animal research at Yale: how librarians are improving IACUC literature searches. Poster presented at the North Atlantic Health Science Libraries Conference, New Haven, CT.
- Funaro, M., & Norton, M. (2015). How a medical library is an anchor for stress relief and relaxation. Poster presented at the North Atlantic Health Science Libraries, Providence, RI.
- Funaro, M., & Norton, M. (2015). Making space, building collaboration: serendipity in the stacks. Poster presented at the Medical Library Association, Austin, TX.
- Funaro, M., & Nyhan, K. (2017). Expert searching: animal experimentation, compliance, and literature searching. MLA News.
- Husain, Z. A., Sahgal, A., De Salles, A., Funaro, M., Glover, J., Hayashi, M., . . . Ryu, S. (2017). Stereotactic body radiotherapy for de novo spinal metastases: systematic review. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, 27(3), 295-302. doi: 10.3171/2017.1.SPINE16684
- Norton, M., & Funaro, M. (2017). Creating community: how our library dreamed big, dared to take chances, and did something new. Poster presented at the Medical Library Association, Seattle, WA.
- Nyhan, K., Funaro, M., & Hersey, D. (2017). Library support for clinical and translational research: research data management and data science. Poster presented at the New England e-Science Symposium.
- VanTine (Funaro), M. (2004). Effect of watering regime and media components on the production of organic tomato transplants. (Masters Degree in Horticulture), West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV.
ResourcesCushing/Whitney Medical Library