Scan and Deliver
- To request a scan, search for the item in one of our library catalogs (Quicksearch, Orbis, or Morris). Select the ‘Request scan of article / chapter’ option on the item record.
- Manage your requests and access scans from your Scan & Deliver account.
- Scans are generally delivered within 48 business hours of request.
- Yale Library reserves the right to process one request per person per day, depending on staffing and request volume.
Contact your local ILL department with your questions about the Scan and Deliver service.
- Cushing/Whitney Medical Library: Interlibrary Loan / email@example.com
- Divinity Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lillian Goldman Law Library: Interlibrary Loan / email@example.com
- Marx Science and Social Science Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sterling Memorial Library and Bass Library: email@example.com
Warning of Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of the copyright materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, library and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than in private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement. The Yale University Library reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if, in its judgement fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.