Find, Request, and Use / Course Reserves
Yale Library's course reserve units work with faculty and instructors to help provide students with access to course materials.
Enter your course reserve requests in Canvas.
Are you a student? Read about course reserves under Check out a Book.
Have questions about reserves for your course? Connect with your local reserve unit for support.
- Cushing/Whitney Medical Library: Course Reserves / email@example.com
- Bass Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Divinity Library: email@example.com
- Gilmore Music Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haas Family Arts Library: email@example.com
- Marx Science and Social Science Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yale Film Archive: email@example.com
Warning of Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of the copyright materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, library and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than in private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement. The Yale University Library reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if, in its judgement fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.